Wednesday, March 6, 2013

a slight obsession

 I watched Annie Hall back in college and instantly fell in love. I went on a Woody Allen bender. My friend and I rented every film of his that we could find and although not all of them were superb, most were at the very least entertaining. It was agreed that at times watching his films can become rather painful. His neurosis and constant paranoia of Jew hating can only be endearing for so long. Perhaps it's best to watch in moderation. Having said that, he is one of my favorite writer/director/actor/comics. I love his love of New York and that he plays the jazz clarinet in Manhattan on a regular basis. I love that he calls a therapist an analyst and openly admits that he has been seeing one for most of his life. I love that he is deep, dark and twisty. I love that this quirky little man has been with some of the most beautiful women of his time. I'm going to slide over the fact that he caught himself in a rather compromising situation with his then girlfriend Mia Farrows' adopted daughter, now his wife. Keep in mind,  I don't want to date the man but meeting him for a drink at a dive jazz bar in Manhattan sounds pretty amazing. Here is a list of some of my favorite films.

Annie Hall

Manhattan

Whatever Works

Match Point

Midnight in Paris

Everyone Says I Love You


No comments:

Post a Comment