Tuesday, March 12, 2013

beach life

 I am so ready for Summer. I am taking a girls trip in late July to a beach and I will be counting down the days. I need a vacation. Very badly. We are either thinking Mexico or Puerto Rico. I honestly don't care where we go, as long as there are plentiful libations, turquoise waves and warm sand. I have been to a few beaches throughout my life but the most beautiful that I have seen so far is Sanibel Island. Ahhhhh d ocean! To further get myself into the mood, I watched "The Beach" last weekend. Hear me out before you make fun. I have loved this movie since I saw it many years ago in the theater. I think it has a really intriguing plot but it definitely could have been executed better. The first half of the movie is what makes it worth watching. The underwater kiss.... the beach itself and the surroundings... the intriguing beach community.... the music. Then it trails off into the weird. It's definitely worth a watch (or read, since it was based on a book) just to witness the collapse of a self governing community in what appears to be paradise.


No comments:

Post a Comment