Thursday, December 19, 2013

a year in review

As you have seen on this blog, I have had a year of many ups and many downs. 30 was definitely not what I expected it to be but I have persevered. This year has proven my strength and I think that must be the best part of all that has happened. I also learned a lot about myself and why I have made the mistakes that I have made. I am at peace. For the most part anyway. Nothing is ever 100% but I feel generally better then I did last year at this time. I have never been a huge fan of change and I have generally shied away from anything that takes me out of my comfort zone but I am slowly taking risks and becoming braver. Things haven't always worked out in my favor but they have made me a more confident individual. I feel like I am becoming who I am supposed to me, a more authentic version of myself. In the upcoming year I am looking forward to more travel. I have a few trips planned (Africa, Paris) and I want to expand my horizon. I want to see the world and spend my money on experiences. I must say that it's been tough thinking about my future without having someone special in my life but I am totally good with being single and having close friends and family around. I will also plan on going to see concerts, plays, ballets and such. I will be seeing Chicago the night before my birthday which should be awesome. I'm also seeing a personal trainer that is going to help me get into better shape. No time like the present. Life is good, kids. Cheers to the future and the inevitable ups and downs that help us grow as individuals.


No comments:

Post a Comment