Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas 2013

 I just returned from my parents home in New Mexico and it's always a little bittersweet for me. I get anxious going out there because I see them so rarely but once we hug, everything is as if I had been there all along. We went skiing two days in Taos and actually took a lesson. It was my first lesson in probably 20 years and it really helped. Our instructor was quite the character. His name was Rick and he liked to yell the last word of his sentences at you. You. Follow ME! He loved the mountain and had been living in Taos for the majority of his life. His father has a run named after him. My parents are going to buy a condo there so I suspect our Christmases will be spent on the mountain from here on out.
I was delayed on my flight home and didn't end up making it in until 2:30 am but I met a gentlemen that was on my same flight at the bar as we were anxiously awaiting the planes arrival. We ended up having a really great time and we plan on getting together this week.
My New Years Eve was super chill. I had a girlfriend over and we sipped some champagne cocktails to ring in the new year. 2014 already feels better. I don't know why we put so much emphasis on the new year. It's really just another day. 2013 was a transition year from me and I made it through! No resolutions here, just a commitment to growing and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment