Wednesday, January 15, 2014

the truth can be a bitter pill

“People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like: ‘be realistic.’”  Dylan Moran

This is so true. I don't like the word harmless, though. I think people use tiny little phrases to jab you ever so slightly. After too many, you end up with a lot of resentment and a gaping hole. It's funny how we say that talk is cheap and if you want to know about a person, observe their actions. But I find that people can be just as affected by words. Words start wars, perhaps actions determine who wins. 
I can be quite the smart ass and although I generally only jest, I also believe that there is a grain of truth in every joke. I am definitely one of those people that hide behind humor. Better to be laughing than crying is my motto and I find that people are more willing to laugh with you than share a good cry session. I want to be the first one to laugh at myself and admit to whatever crazy/stupid thing that I have done. That's how I deal with being a human being. People can be so toxic, though. Insecurity, jealousy, even plain cruelty make people shit bags full of underhanded comments and jabs to make you feel bad. I think we should all be more aware with what we say to the people we encounter, and especially the ones that we love. Golden Rule, kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment