Wednesday, January 29, 2014

so are we going to label this?

What constitutes a serious relationship? Is it when you start sleeping together regularly? When you start spending copious amounts of time with one another? When you utter those three little words? Or is it only when you have the dreaded talk? I must thank Allen for the title of this post because he came up with this cute yet direct way of asking. I would like to think that once sex gets involved in anything, there should be a talk, maybe not the talk but something that makes sense for both parties. You can't be too careful these days. If you're a woman, you naturally want to know where things are going. And although some men like being in relationships, most are slightly afraid of the label which translates to commitment. I must say that I am in the same boat. I have some fear about relationships these days. Yes, I'm going to blame my failed marriage and I promise to only use this as an excuse for a short period of time but it does make you a little gun shy. And then you become worried that you are going to repeat your mistakes and unravel many many months of sessions with your analyst... Sigh. Taking your time is good. Yes, the hot and heavy can be very fun but it doesn't last. Or at least it usually doesn't. As I have gotten older, I have realized that I want an actual partner or a partner in crime. Oh and there is a woodpecker that lives outside my house. I have been hearing the pecking the past few morning. Go figure. Anyone who knows me, will understand why this is relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment