Tuesday, November 12, 2013

karma

I've been thinking an awful lot about karma these days. As most know, I am not a religious person. In fact, I am quite the opposite. I don't need to believe in an omnipotent, omnipresent being/god/spirit to be a good person. I denounced organized religion at 16 and have never looked back. Now listen, I'm not a dick about it. You can believe in whatever you want. I know that some people need to believe in something that is in constant control. I know that it can feel awfully lonely in this big and scary world so I don't judge. But the idea of karma is something that I can at the very least explore. What goes around comes around. It's a nice thought that if someone does bad to you, they will eventually have bad happen to them. I suppose it's a lot like the yin and yang. The natural flow of life. The ebb and flow of the tides. You can't have the sweet without the sour. All I know for sure is that we are all in this together and trying your best to be a good person is key. And it's tough sometimes. When people suck, it's easy to get into the "everybody sucks" mentality. But they don't. There are good ones out there. I can only avoid the ones that don't have my best interests at heart and keep the ones close that do. I try to keep my life as peaceful as possible and with little drama. It's not always easy because some thrive on getting you involved in the bullshit but all you can do is walk away and stay on the path that's best for you.
Does karma require it to be at the hands of something/someone else? Who/what could be causing the flow of good and bad? The Universe? Mother Nature? Some kind of magnetic force? Or is it purely from us? Our own energy that is expelled from our actions? Just something to think about.


“Sooner or later we have all to pay for what we do.”
Oscar Wilde


No comments:

Post a Comment