Thursday, November 14, 2013

karma part 2

I was talking to a coworker about my thoughts on karma a few days ago and he brought up an excellent point. Does taking pleasure in ones karmic returns equal bad karma for you? He used the word schadenfreude, which is German and means pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others. He takes martial arts classes and has talked to his teacher on occasion about such things. His teacher said that people do too much thinking, that it's really quite simple; "play nice, do good." I would like to say that I could train myself to be that simplistic but I know how messy/complicated life can be. Sometimes I think about moving to the mountains or living with monks and learning to quiet the mind. I think it would be amazing to have an experience like that. It would completely change your perspective on everything. No more worrying about money or time or possessions or anything frivolous. I know my liver would thank me...

No comments:

Post a Comment