Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Few Things Every Male Should Know When Shopping

1. It's Ok To Where Color, Even Pink. I know a lot of guys who think that wearing bright anything is too metro. But the truth is, men can branch out and look amazing. I love to see a man wearing pink because it means they are confident and comfortable in their own skin.
Ok ok. So maybe this example isn't the best for your average guy but there is something so sexy about preppy+pink. My parents used to play polo so I have a soft spot for polo shirts.  If this isn't your cup of tea, any man can pull off a light pink dress shirt.

2. Don't Wear Carpenter Jeans!!!! I can't stress this enough. Unless your job requires you to have a hammer dangling from your person, don't do it! I'm not sure how these ever became popular but they don't look good on anyone.... I mean anyone. Everyone should own a few good pairs of jeans. Go try them on at a few places and see what fits well, and always go dark not light. Slim fit and straight leg always work well and not everyone can pull the skinny but don't be afraid to try something it.
This...
Not this....


3.You Can't Wear Your Chuck Taylor's With Everything! I know we live in the world of the hipster and yes, I too can like the hipster style but every man should own a nice pair of shoes. There are so many options now that don't have to feel like dress shoes. The only reason  this is making my list is because women really try to always be polished and I think that for special occasions men should want to put a little effort forth as well. Boat Shoes are a great option because they are more dressy then tennis shoes but are super comfy.
4. Every Man Should Own a Beautiful Suit. I'm sure most men own a suit but I want a man to have a really really nice suit that was tailored just for him. You don't have to go spend thousands of dollars on one. I know that JoS A. Bank has exceptional sales, like buy one get one free but don't get them tailored in store. Always ask around for a great tailor so that you know it will fit well. I think most of the stores do a rush job on them because they have so many to do. Charcoal and navy are the classics but I suggest looking around for other options. 
5. And Own A Beautiful Coat. This is something that you will wear for the rest of your life so why not save and get one that is quality. Think camel or navy or even black, although I think camel just looks distinguished on men. 

Acknowledgements:
1. Ralph Lauren
2. Express
    Lee
3. Sperry
4. Ralph Lauren
5. Ralph Lauren 
                          Ralph keeps it real. 



No comments:

Post a Comment