Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Halloween

 Halloween is the beginning of the Holiday Season. Soon we will be giving thanks, then giving gifts, then giving kisses for the new year. I used to love Halloween but the past few years I haven't gotten into it. There is a lag of time for Halloween. You love it when you're young, then love to dress up and party but after you've grown up a bit, the next time you enjoy it is when you have kids of your own. There is nothing appealing to me about dressing slutty and going out in the cold to showcase my sluttiness.
 Call me a scrooge, but I don't really look forward to this time of year except my birthday and the time is coming when I won't enjoy those anymore. Thirty is just around the corner! They say that your thirties are when you finally come into your own and enjoy being you. I hope they are right. I guess the Holidays never appealed to me because there is too much stress. I remember timelines being in place for when my sister and I had to go to each parents house. Yeah, getting two sets of gifts was good but dealing with each parents volatile emotions wasn't worth it. Now that I am married it's a battle of the same account. Having to divide time between three sets of families is worthy of making me want to spend the Holidays on a remote island. But there is always the food and booze.... You get to eat and drink yourself into a coma if you like and there is less judging if you do so. Although drinking can always add to the disfunction.
  I do enjoy the cold weather clothes, though. The cozy sweaters and furry boots make going out a little more glamorous. Not to mention the cashmere gloves and wool coats that make it complete. I suppose it's like anything else. There are pluses and minuses for everything. But for the mean time, I will be enjoying a pumpkin beer or a glass of red wine to ease the minuses. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment