Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Yep, I sure did.

 I have been looking for a fall purse for a while now. Considering it's October, I have been a little late in my deliberations but I finally decided that I am adult enough to purchase my first Louis Vuitton. For a few years now, I have been loyal to Coach. I have always thought that they made exquisite handbags but as soon as I started seeing them on everyone's arms, I felt it was time to switch things up. The only problem was that LV's are quite an investment. Once I knew that was what I wanted, I started seeking other avenues to not feel such a blow in my bank account. I tried Ebay and even found a few sites that turned out to be too good to be true. I was going to Chicago in a couple of weeks and there just so happened to be an LV boutique on Michigan Avenue. I told myself that I would just go look; that I wasn't going to be pressured into anything and I would only purchase something if I truly loved it. From my research online, I knew that I wanted one of the classic monograms and the "Speedy" bags looked like my style. Upon entering the store that windy afternoon, I looked around and felt a little bit out of my league. Some WASPS to my left were sipping champagne as they tried on their shoes and a man in the back, who was trying on watches, pulled out a billfold that had hundreds spilling out of it. I remained composed as I casually looked around. No one was paying any attention to me and I was on the verge of chickening out when a demure lady wearing a beautiful LV brooch stopped me and asked if I needed assistance. Shit. I knew at this point I would not be leaving without something. When I told her which bag I was looking for she gently pulled them from under the counter and we discussed which size would be suitable for me. I opted for the Speedy 25 with a strap. I felt my face flush as I handed her my credit card but I kept telling myself that this was an investment! As I walked around the rest of the day with my new luxury item perfectly wrapped up in my Louis Vuitton shopping bag, I could have sworn that people looked a me a little differently. I have now had a week to get to know my Speedy, and it was worth. But as I was walking through the airport a few days ago, I have never seen so many Louis Vuitton's in tow. Time to up the ante.

No comments:

Post a Comment